We are thrilled to announce that we are able to return to weekly rehearsals again!
Southwest Community Church (where we used to put on our concerts) has just given us the OK to rehearse in their sanctuary Sunday evenings, beginning SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24! The sanctuary gives us lots of room to spread out so we can rehearse safely. Finally, after more than a year and a half, we’ll be able to make music together again!
To begin with, we will be rehearsing without any performance goals in mind – just getting together to play. In the new year, if restrictions are lifted, we will consider putting together a performance, but that’s for later. For now, we’ll start with some relatively simple arrangements to get our chops and brains back in shape.
There will be some differences, of course. COVID-19 is still with us, and so are the public health restrictions that go along with it. To keep us all safe, we’ll need to put in a bit of extra time and effort distributing music, setting up and taking down, and generally taking all the precautions necessary. We have established a set of protocols for us to follow, based on the BC Music Educators’ guidelines. A few things for members to note:
- You will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses) to attend rehearsals
- You will need to let us know several days in advance of rehearsals if you will be attending, so that we can have music ready for you and a seating arrangement that includes you
- You will be issued your own copies of the music we play, which you must use exclusively
- You will need your own stand – if you do not have one, you must let us know so we can provide one for you, which you will be responsible for returning, sanitized, after each rehearsal
- You will need to wear a mask when entering and leaving rehearsal, and when moving away from your designated seat
If you are a current member, you should have received an e-mail from Cliff with more information. If not, please contact us to let us know you were not included in his mailing list. If you would like to join the band, please let us know.